Sunday, March 18, 2007

Two Discoveries

I've discovered a new webcomic, Starslip Crisis (link on the sidebar) which joins Shortpacked! on probationary status. Although I'm currently enjoying Starslip Crisis more than I am Shortpacked! so I think Starslip Crisis will probably end its probation sooner.

The other discovery is Musicovery, an interactive webRadio. Now those who know me know that I never listen to the radio. I don't like it because of the lack of control (what? I have control issues? who knew?). I'm forced to listen to either the choices of the DJ or the station. I used to discover artists on MTV until they began to suck and I pretty much stopped watching that too. If I discover a new artist on MTV it's by accident, usually because I'm channel surfing.

Anyway on one of my blogsurfing, I came across a link to this site and I immediately fell in love with it. You can set criteria so you don't have to listen to music you don't like (like most jazz and metal for me) but, more importantly, you can set the mood. You can set it between dark or positive and energetic or calm (and points between, literally). You can choose to pick songs that are hits or non-hits (or both). The site finds songs that fit those criteria and puts it up. If you don't like a song, you can skip to the next one. It's also pretty to look at so that satisfies my need to have beautiful landscapes around me.

I'll post the link below. It'll go on the sidebar when I have more links to start a new category of links. Check it out.

http://musicovery.com/

No comments:

Backgammon