Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Thirtieth Year

It was my birthday last week. I turned thirty. It was strange. I expected to feel like time is running out. I expected to feel like I should regret a whole lot more the things I have left undone. I expected to feel, well, old. Instead I feel I've accomplished something. God knows what that is of course but there you go.

It's strange. There is now only one way the word "young" can be associated with me and it's only when used to contrast or compare with someone (or something) older. I used to be skeptical when people would crow about being 30; about how much better it is than even being in their twenties. I snorted in contempt. Now standing where they are, I begin to see what they mean. And it isn't something I can share with someone younger; you'll just have to wait and see.

Thirty is my new magic number. I'm in love with it. Let's see how I feel once the honeymoon is over. In the meantime, this is our song and we've got to dance!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Update this blog already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to read!! :P

Anonymous said...

Dude, seriously!! This blog desperately needs an update!!!!!!! Come on! :P

Backgammon